The scriptures make it clear in Ephesians 6 that there are evil rulers, spirits and principalities in the spiritual world that seek to steal, kill and destroy those of us who stand firm in God.
It can be so easy to sink into life and forget we have a real enemy with a REAL agenda. And honestly, WE CAN'T AFFORD TO FORGET!
Why? Because the mind is THE TARGET.
One of the enemy’s BIGGEST tactics is to play in our minds by telling us lies which eventually affect our communication and connection with God. If you let him, he gets an advantage through the door and brings you into a room of confusion and complete disconnection.
You get confused about if God is even there. Confused about the hope you thought you had in Christ, etc.
You see! He works through the haze of confusion !!
To be honest, many of us Christians aren’t prepared. I can personally attest that we make it too easy for Satan to gain access to our minds.
C'mon guys, know how to prepare your defenses.
The Bible says the enemy is the “father of lies” (John 8:44). For a lie to work, you have to give it power by BELIEVING IT.
We must pursue staying connected to Yeshua for our mental and spiritual health.
We take in His Word. We equip ourselves with the armour of God:
1. Take the helmet of salvation ( Your assurance of God and in the message of the cross).
2. Take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. ( The COMPLETE word of God from Genesis to Revelation! Yeshua was there before too ..)
3. Lift protective shield of faith (belief, obey, respect (fear) of the Lord) with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.
4. Put on the breastplate of righteousness (an upright heart- Yasar in Hebrew means having standards, correctness, genuineness, and forthrightness )
5. Tightened the wide band of truth (personal integrity - BEING HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY, executing MATURE BEHAVIOR.
moral courage -STANDING AND DEFENDING WHAT'S RIGHTEOUS AND JUST) around your waist.
6. Strap on your feet the gospel of peace in preparation (to face the enemy with firm-footed stability and the readiness produced by the good news).
Today let your mind be so FILLED with the truth of God that you leave NO room for the enemy's lies.
No weapon formed against your mind shall prosper!